Monday, August 4, 2008

Quite The Predicament


I’m pretty sure my whole life is based on one practical joke after another. I always find myself in hilarious and awkward situations. A prime example is last week during the 5.4 magnitude earthquake. I was at work bored off my ass, doing work with my eyes half open in the usual office coma. I decided to go to the bathroom partially because nature was calling and partially because it gives me something to do. So I was doing my business and texting people at the same time (In the interest of full disclosure: If you ever receive a text from me at work…I’m probably sitting on the pot while writing it) and sure enough the earthquake hits. I’m sitting there and the stall doors start rumbling. My first reaction was, “damn I must really have had to use the bathroom” After realizing it was an earthquake I had no idea what to do. Over all those years of safety training in elementary school with the tuck under the desk drills, I was never taught what to do if you’re taking a dump. I defiantly could have used that drill. So I pretty much just sat there and waited the thing out. Imagine if that was the big one! Talk about a real “crappy” way to go out.