Monday, March 1, 2010

My Support System

To be successful in life one has to surround him/herself with great support. I cannot help but write about the support that has always been there for me and picked me up during the best and worst of times. There are the parents and the friends and all that as supporters but nothing more literal than my belt. I have had the same belt since 1998. Who knew as a little squirly 7th grader the Eddie Bauer belt I bought from the Cabazon Outlets would be supporting my ass twelve years later! Friends, professors, and pants have come and gone but one belt has remained. My belt is a true unsung hero as it hidden from plain sight and asks nothing in return but to do the honors of holding my pants up. Just think of all the exotic places my belt has been, Hawaii, Israel, Ireland, Barstow…and in each place my belt has worked just as hard. The country should look at my Eddie Bauer belt as an example of the perfect American. Selfless, strong, confident, and bends but never breaks. In fact, my belt should run for Governor of California. It would run on a platform consisting of adding more loops to plumber’s pants and limiting the number of elastic clothing. True, California may still be trillions in debt and jobless but we would have the sturdiest pants in America…at least that's more than you can say about Kentucky.

2 comments:

Zarui said...

Lol! Barstow!

Mark Van Dellen said...

I think my blog is a huge hit in China!!