Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Bikes, Married Hot Chicks, and Lakers (for good measure)

Booooo to the following items…

Gender Bikes

It has recently come to my attention that the bike I’ve been riding for two years is a women’s bike ☹ My friend was like…”dude your riding a chicks bike” and I immediately grew sad. It turns out that because some bar on the bike is lower, makes it a chicks bike because its easier to get on it. I had no idea there was even a difference… what is this?? I have so many questions on this subject that maybe my readership can answer. (although my readership consists of a whole three people, I will refer to them, as my readership making is sound cooler) Why does there even need to be a difference in bikes? If the only difference is a lowered bar to make it easier to get on, then why don’t just all bikes have the lower bar?? There is no purpose to have the high bar, it’s just an obstacle to get on the bike. Now that I think about my past bikes, that high bar was a bitch. This bar issue has caused me much stress for the whole 10 minuets I thought about this issue and therefore, all bikes should be the same. There should be no gender disparity on bikes! CASE CLOSED!

Engaged Chicks in My Classes

This year makes for a record year of girls in my classes that are engaged. Of course they happen to be the cute ones of the class as well. I don’t know many ugly chicks that get engaged early. Ugly chicks are like the nerds you pick last for your dodge ball team. You pick the ones that make you a winner. These dudes who are making these hot women their wife are very smart. They know there are putz’s like me who would try to hit on these girls if it wasn’t for that damn ring. However, this makes my life shittier. First day of class back in September, I was elated to find a beautiful girl sitting right behind me. Just as I was getting pumped to go and talk to her, she announces to the class in introductions that she just got engaged. I only had one thought after registering this news, GOD DAMNIT!!! It took every ounce of effort not to say that phrase out loud as everyone was telling her congratulations. The worst part is they are in my classes. I have found that the easiest way to meet women is in class because there is always an ice breaker. When in doubt just talk about how crappy the teacher is or how hard the test will be. BOOM...instant conversation starter. But, these engaged girls now serve no purpose in class. They might as well be dudes without a shirt or a tuna sandwich (I don't eat fish). USELESS! Girls need to not get engaged and give ole Buck a shot!

Yay for….

Los Angeles Lakers

Although the season is only a week old and the Lakers have a (2-2) record, they have been playing great! I’m still waiting for the Lakers offense to screw up and watch Kobe Bryant chuck threes all day. However, I have been pleasantly surprised to find the whole team playing collectively. Over the past three games, the Lakers are receiving a much-needed boost from their bench. The reserves are averaging a league high 40 points per game. The bench scored 67 of the Lakers’ 119-98 win vs. Phoenix last Friday. Both 20 year olds, Jordan Farmar and Andrew Bynum have provided much needed enthusiasm in getting the ball inside for high percentage shots. If this team continues to play great defense with rigorous hustle and intensity, look for the Lakers to finish better than their .500 record they have now.

Now for the picks of the week… Feel free to tell me how idiotic these picks are!

College Football (11/8-11/10)

West Virginia over Louisville
Michigan Over Wisconsin
Clemson over Wake Forest
Penn State over Temple
Alabama over Mississippi State
Arkansas over Tennessee
Kentucky over Vanderbilt
Boise State over Utah State
Ohio State over Arizona State
ASU over UCLA
Auburn over Georgia
Virginia Tech over Florida State
Connecticut over Cincinnati
Texas over Texas Tech
Virginia over Miami
South Carolina over Florida
Kansas over Oklahoma State
Boston College over Maryland
USC over California
Hawaii over Fresno State

NFL (Week 10)

Steelers over Browns
Redskins over Eagles
Panthers over Falcons
Saints over Rams
Bills over Fins
Chiefs over Broncos
Titans over Jags
Packers over Vikings
Ravens over Bengals
Cowboys over Giants
Lions over Cardinals
Raiders over Bears
Colts over Chargers

1 comment:

The Austrian Wonder said...

"that high bar was a bitch," you answered your own question. The low bar is in fact for bitches, and has been that way too long (goes back to historical times), and has basically become a law by now.

Full Disclosure: I told you about that, and I am also a previous (emphasis on the previous) owner of a women's bike. I was so embarrassed that I "donated" it to a homeless person aka. some asshole local stole it.